The announcement is now going out to Ambassadors and various organizations in Australia and Indonesia. Please pass on to your contacts, especially in Indonesia.
THE AUSTRALIA INDONESIA AWARDS 2015
Nominations are now open until 31 August for the Australia Indonesia Awards 2015. The aim of the Australia Indonesia Awards is to recognize and honor Australians and Indonesians who have made significant contributions to the greater understanding and friendship between Indonesians and Australians.
There are many people who are passionate about their Indonesian related activities, whatever field that may be. Some may receive publicity, but many are working away from the spotlight, but are dedicated in what they do. We thought we should do something to recognize and honor their efforts. Last year the awards were open to Australians. This year we have expanded the program to include Indonesians.
We are seeking your support and assistance in promoting and publicising the Awards program in Australia and Indonesia.
This year the 3 award categories are:
- Business – trade, investment, professional services, business councils, trade promotion etc
- Community Work – local groups, eg in Sydney or Jakarta, promoting Australia Indonesia relations
- Humanitarian Work – aid projects, charitable groups, etc.
The Awards Selection Panel, independent of the AIA Committee, is chaired by Bill Farmer, a former Ambassador to Indonesia. Other panellists include:
- Ross Taylor (former AIBC Vice President),
- Noke Kiroyan (Deputy Chair KADIN),
- Jon Soemarjono (pillar of the Indonesian community in NSW), and
- Peter Dawson (Chair of Nusa Tenggara Association).
The winners will be announced at a Gala Presentation Night in Sydney in November.
Please note that nominations are made online.
We look forward to your support of this initiative.