Murli Thadani is the Senior Business Advisor for Australia at Kiroyan Partners. He is well-versed in providing leadership in strategic business development, financial initiatives and building high performing education teams. With over 20 years of experience at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University and La Trobe University, Murli possesses an in-depth knowledge of cultural diversities, government philosophy and business practices in Australia, South-east Asia and India.
His areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, the higher education sector, professional firms and business organisations with a record of identifying and securing business opportunities for accelerated and sustainable growth. He has worked intensively with senior management in the education sector and successfully facilitated new opportunities and linkages with institutions and organizations in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, India, Sri Lanka and China.
Murli graduated from the University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Commerce degree in 1973 and a Masters of Business Administration degree in 1987. He currently also serves as Chairman of the Australia Indonesia Business Council (AIBC).
Previous executive experience
- Senior Manager and Director for Touche Ross, Chartered Accountants, Melbourne, Kuala Lumpur, New York, London
- Executive Director to Lippo Group of Companies, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Major Projects Manager to University Secretary Advisor to Chief Officer, International Advisor, Business Development and Philanthropy Director, Corporate Services, International Collage for La Trobe University
- Director, Global Business Development and Indonesia Advisor for Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University
- Chairman for the Victoria Chapter of the Australia – Indonesia Business Council
- Bachelor of Commerce, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
- Master of Commerce, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
- Member & Current Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia
- Master of Business Administration, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia